Tuesday, September 16, 2014

An Update Since this Afternoon

Today has certainly been an exciting day. (They really need a sarcasm font here...)
 
After I wrote my previous blog entry, I got a message from the admin that never replied to me last month, asking. "Why the rude blog post?" And then she gave me her phone number to call.
 
Why the rude blog post? Are you kidding me? How about because you and your two friends are calling me and my company illegal? You're coming after me and my livelihood. You're hurting my company. You're preventing me from doing business. You're hurting my family. That means you're hurting my kids... and NO ONE gets away with hurting my kids.
 
Fortunately, I was out to lunch with Shannon, who is my assistant turned dear friend. I took advantage of this and called the woman on speaker phone so that Shannon could listen as well as participate.
 
Apparently, this woman read my blog. She apologized profusely to me, saying that she was told by the other two women that I ran an illegal operation. Furthermore, she said that she just copied and pasted what Lisa (the "group attorney") sent her to post. Shannon pointed out that she should have done her research on Cain Casting and what she was posting about it. I explained to her how I was advised that I could sue her, Lisa, Rosemary and the rest of the admins for slander to the tune of $500,000, but I hadn't planned on doing that until now. I asked her if she had $500,000 that she would be able to fork over when I won the lawsuit.
 
The woman apologized over and over, and asked me what she could do in order to get me to take my blog post down. I told her three things: 1) Remove Rosemary from the group; 2) Remove Lisa from the group; 3) Post a retraction about calling Cain Casting an "illegal operation" and admit that she didn't do the research on it.
 
The woman agreed to it. She wanted me to write something that she could copy and paste, but I told her that she needed to write it in her own words. I wasn't going to be caught in a situation where I was accused of bullying her. She wanted me to take down my blog post, so I told her what I needed to do in order for that to happen. She said she would do it as soon as she got home from work, around 3pm. I told her that the blog post would stay up until then.
 
At 2:45 or so, she told me that she was home. I was in the car with my kids, driving them home from school. She texted me and told me that she couldn't even get her boys extra work. I had JUST gotten an email from a casting director asking me if I had 15 kids that would want to do extra work on a TV show. I called her and asked her if she would like to get them on the show-- I wouldn't take any money from her; I just wanted to prove to her that I own a legitimate company. (To those of you reading this from the NE Kids Group, were you aware that I offered her two sons to appear on a television show on Friday?) She said that she wouldn't be able to do it, and she thanked me profusely. She told me how disappointed she was in the other two women, and how they brought a lot of drama to the group. I observed that these two women are close, and she was probably on the outside.
 
She told me that she removed them from the group, and that her phone was "blowing up." She also read me the retraction that she wrote:
 
 
For some reason, I really thought that this was going to be the end of the drama. Unfortunately, it just set Rosemary off even more. Rosemary seemingly took the position of the victim and I took the position of the bully.
 
Mind you, I had been trying to reason with these women for over a month. (Please see the screen shots from my last blog entry.) So, Rosemary decided to post this:
 
 
FYI - It's Candy Cain, not Candi. If you're going to write lies about me, at least spell my name right.
 
I didn't bully the other woman-- I gave her a choice. She made her decision and apologized to me-- She also apologized to me profusely on the telephone. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and figured she was a victim of circumstance-- Especially with Rosemary calling her "spineless."
 
This is all that I have the energy to post right now, and I'm sure all you have the energy to read. I will write more tomorrow, and show more proof. I was bullied all throughout my school years. I'm not taking this crap from anyone-- ESPECIALLY someone who hasn't taken the time to learn about me and my business before making sweeping generalizations and accusations. Get your facts straight, or you will be guilty of libel. With the post above, let's add defamation of character to that.
 
I'm not afraid of you.
 
It's a shame that there are people like this in the world. What is even more sad is the sheep that follow them. I'm not a sheep. I've never been a sheep. Frankly, I eat my lamb with mint jelly.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment