Tuesday, April 15, 2014

So, Let Me...

Wow. Two blog posts from me in one day. How lucky are you?

I'm writing this blog entry because I got a letter from the Better Business Bureau from a mom that is angry that I removed her children from my talent roster. The reason I removed her children is because statements she made about her 13 year old daughter made me extremely uncomfortable. I don't want to deal with someone that makes me uncomfortable. They are, after all, representing my company when they go to auditions.

I have over 85 people on my talent roster. I am posting this so that they can respond to the allegations that Ms. Beer makes against me and my company. Once it is published on the Better Business Bureau website, I will be suing her for libel.

Here is the letter I received from the BBB of Metro NY:


You can click on it to make it bigger. Once it goes live on the BBB website, I will link it. I made my own notes in it.  This is the response that I sent to the BBB:

Ms. Beer made comments to me about her 13 year old daughter, which made me very uncomfortable. She referred to her daughter as an "adult" when I called her a child, insisted that she wear makeup to an audition, and referred to her as being "of child bearing age." I felt as though the child's welfare would be compromised, and Ms. Beer would do anything to get her daughter cast, especially since she bragged how her 13 year old was "constantly mistaken for being at least 16." I have been in this industry a long time, and I know that women are taken advantage of, promised stardom in return for sexual favors. I do not want to be responsible for any situation that Ms. Beer may put her daughter in.

As Ms. Beer stated, I refunded her $50 fee for each child ($100 total) immediately and removed them both from my roster. There never was a signed contract, as neither on of her children earned the minimum $750 required to enter into a one year contract. Ms. Beer continued to email, call and text me. I filed a complaint for aggravated harassment with the 5th precinct of Suffolk County, and they furthered the complaint to the Shrewsbury Police Department. (I am happy to scan copies of this complaint and police report.) 

As for making promises and not delivering, that is completely and totally untrue. People on my talent roster get work all the time, and I have plenty of people that will speak on my behalf. You can view the work that I am casting my talent in at http://www.facebook.com/CainCastingLI.

Ms. Beer threatened me. She threatened to defame my company if I didn't add her children back to my roster. I work with parents that will do anything for their children; not parents who will do anything to get their children famous. I truly feel that Ms. Beer would put the ideas of fame and fortune before the welfare of her children, and I will not work with someone like that.

I do not have any money or personal property from Ms. Beer. I did a lot of work for her two children, yet did not keep any of the money to cover my costs or time. It is my company and my choice not to work with her.

A note to all parents reading this: ALWAYS put your children first. Don't compromise their welfare to make them famous. Putting a 13 year old in makeup and a mini-skirt just spells trouble.

Rather than telling you all about the different projects that I have gotten talent on my roster involved in, I invite them to comment and "testify" for themselves.

Enjoy.

-C

5 comments:

  1. Candice Cain is nothing but professional. My daughter was cast in a movie at 8 months old. I had no idea what I was getting into. Candy walked me through each and every step and basically held my hand the whole way. I enjoy the relationship my daughter and I have with her and I look forward to working with her for many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy has not only been professional, and in my opinion very good at her job. I have 3 of my kids registered with her, as well as myself and she has booked us on a number of jobs. I couldn't be more satisfied with the work she has done for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some parents are so delusional! Her children will thank you in the end..We all know you always do the right, professional thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 of my boys ages 15, 10, 7 and myself are registered and have been cast in various roles with Cain Casting. I couldn't be more than satisfied on the commitment and professional Candy has for her clients. The passion she has for this business shows in her emails, daily blogs and facebook pages. We couldn't ask for better representation for our family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cain Casting is the only legitimate operation I have found thus far in this industry,,, and their guidance on all matters is very clear and professional,,,, we were told,,,"your child should arrive on set with NO MAKEUP,,,, if it is determined that your child needs makup there will be a professional makeup person there to do it",,, seemed clear enough to to my daughter and I.........

    ReplyDelete